Total Pageviews

Friday, January 15, 2010

The Monster Puzzle

Mom and Aunt Avis got a jigsaw puzzle from someone in their Relief Society Presidency. It is a very beautiful puzzle. At least it is while it is still in the box. When they got it opened to start working it, they discovered it is a horrible, evil, monster puzzle.



As you can see from the picture, the pieces are all almost identical. Plus it is 1000 piece puzzle. They got this before Christmas. Every time I would stop at their house, Mom would tell me to put a few pieces in. I don't like jigsaw puzzles because it involves sitting still, and I'm easily bored. If it is an easy one, I am ok. I actually sit there long enough one day to put 20 pieces in. Now this may not sound like a lot, but it took me over an hour to do this. You would put a piece in and discover it didn't quite fit. When we got down to the last five pieces, none of them fit. So we had to find a few pieces that had looked right and take them out. Sounds complicated and it was.

Mom found a few of her puzzles she wants to do when this one was done. Then Dan gave her a really fun one, so that gave them the incentive to finish the monster puzzle. If it was me, I would have given up and put it in the box. But not Mom and Aunt Avis. They were determined to finish it. So here is the picture of the puzzle finished.



Notice the smiles because it is finally finished?

3 comments:

Mary said...

What a fun story, and I loved the picture and their faces. Say hi to your mom for us.

Brett and Diane said...

I've heard of this puzzle. That's big news that it's all done. Wow I was so shocked with your picture of Grandma and Aunt Avis by their puzzle. So special.

Heather said...

That is dedication! Whitney is the puzzle lover at our house. Cute post!